Because it’s taking longer to ship stuff, especially internationally, you want to make sure that you’ve got the correct packaging. Here, we’ll go over the supplies needed for good shipping.
For many small businesses, a shipping partner is good if you’re looking to streamline the process and also lowering the costs, and you can even customize the boxes. But also, you want to supply it well, and here, we’ll go over the different types of things necessary for international shipping.
Corrugated boxes are some of the best for shipping and are used for businesses, especially when traveling long places. They also are sturdy. However, you definitely want to make sure that the box is correctly sized, so you can save on shipping. Using a smaller box will help keep it snug, while also saving you money.
Poly mailers are another very popular one, good for those non-fragile items you don’t need a box for. They’re lighter, tend to occupy lesser space, and it does save you on shipping. You definitely should use these for shoes, clothing, books, and other non-fragile items.
Cushioning for the Item
- Of course cushioning is necessary to protect the items, especially those fragile products.
- Bubble wrap is among the most popular of them all.
- However, you don’t want to over-use this, since it does impact package weight, and it can really increase the cost of shipping.
This is another critical small business shipping supply item to have. this will keep your boxes tight and sealed. Make sure to buy a lot, since this does run out fast!
Plastic wrap is really good as a versatile addition, simply because it’s handy for mailing flowers, or even gift baskets. They also are tamper-proof and are tear-proof, so you’ll have even more security for your products as you ship them.
- Air bags are really good if you’re worried about the packaging shifting, helping to keep what’s inside nice and safe.
- These are definitely important for higher-value items, and they are durable, recyclable, and also reusable as well, so you won’t have to worry about wasting money either.
- Another option is biodegradable pillows of air, which are good if you’re looking to be more conscious of the planet, since it offers sustainable packaging to others.
- They’re eco-friendly and do similar things to the air bags that are there, offering greener solutions for these products.
- Not only are they recyclable and reusable, but they’re also biodegradable, making them really good for the planet, and also cost a lot less than other items to.
This is a void material for shipping that protects packages from hazards that happen, such as shock absorption, and other things that can impact bottled liquids. So for any beverage and cosmetic shipping, this is a good option.
If you can’t just use gel packs, dry ice is another option, although it can get costly.
Finally, if you’re dealing with items that do need to be frozen or even refrigerated, you should definitely add these gel packs in there. this is goods to use especially if there is a risk for spoilage of the item.
Being that they’re recyclable and reusable, they’re definitely much more cost-effective and offer better handling and ease from this as well, making it a really good package for sustainability.
And there you have it, some items that are necessary for overseas shipping. Get them now, so that you can use them down the road when you’re getting ready to send out the items that you want to send out as well.